A simple art project that can be used to display family photographs on your fridge, file cabinet or other metal surface, or given as a gift.
Black (or your favorite color) matte spray paint, suitable for use on metal (this will help the frames look the same, but is optional)
Photographs that can be cut up (ask your parent first), or make some photographs of your own
Tacky craft glue
Camera and film (optional)
- Center jar lid over photo and trace around photo with a pen.
- Cut traced area from photograph.
- Paint lid and allow to dry (ask your parent for help)
- Spread craft glue lightly and evenly on back of photograph and push photo to inside of jar lid. Allow glue to dry.
- After piece has finished drying, use glue gun to adhere magnet to back of lid.
MORE IDEAS: If you are going to give these magnets as a gift, take photographs of the recipients favorite things - flowers, people in your family, food...get creative.